Wish-Bone® Signature Brined Turkey
- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Marinate Time 12 Hours or Overnight
- Cook Time 2-1/2 to 3 Hours
Ingredients 12 to 16 servings
1 (12 to 16 lb.) turkey
1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
Large food-safe plastic bag or large deep non-metallic container
- Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities; refrigerate for another use or discard. Place turkey breast side down in bag or container. Pour dressing and broth over turkey. Close bag or cover pan. Marinate in refrigerator 12 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove turkey from bag or pan; discard brine.
- Place turkey in roasting pan on flat rack; add 1 cup of water to bottom of pan. Cook 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reaches 180°F. Cover turkey loosely with aluminum foil after the first 30 minutes to prevent turkey from getting too dark. Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.
Tip: Stir 2 to 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour mixed with a little water into the pan drippings to create a simple Italian Seasoned Gravy. Whisk over medium heat until gravy is thickened.
Baking Tip: Insert quartered onions and oranges into cavity before baking for a citrus-savory flavor.
This recipe works great if using a turkey-size oven cooking bag, simply follow cooking instructions on the package.