Tuna Nicoise Salad
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Marinate Time 30 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
Ingredients Serving Size: 6
- 1 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, divided
- 1 lb. tuna or salmon steaks [or 2 cans (6 oz. ea.) tuna], drained and flaked
- 12 ounces potatoes, cubed (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and halved (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 8 cups mesclun [or mixed salad greens]
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives [or ripe olives], halved
- Pour 1/4 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing over tuna in large, shallow nonaluminum baking dish or plastic bag; turn to coat. Cover, or close bag, and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add potatoes to 2-quart saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Add green beans and cook an additional 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender and green beans are crisp-tender; drain. Toss warm potatoes and green beans with 1/4 cup remaining Dressing.
- Remove tuna from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill or broil tuna, turning once and brushing frequently with additional 1/4 cup Dressing, 8 minutes or until tuna is desired doneness. Cut tuna into thin slices.
- Arrange salad greens on serving platter. Top with eggs, tomato, sliced tuna and olives. Drizzle with remaining Dressing.
Cost per recipe*: $22.18 Cost per serving*: $3.70 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.