Southwestern Steak Salad
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Marinate Time 180 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
Ingredients Serving Size: 4
- 1 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, divided
- 1 large jalapeno pepper
- 1 -lb. boneless sirloin steak
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 4 ears corn-on-the-cob in husks, soaked in water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce leaves, coarsely shredded
- Pour 1/2 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing over steak and peppers in large, shallow nonaluminum baking dish or plastic bag; turn to coat. Cover, or close bag, and marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally, 3 to 24 hours.
- Remove corn from water, leaving husks on. Grill corn, turning occasionally, until done; set aside and keep warm.
- Remove steak and peppers from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill steak and peppers, turning steak once and brushing with 1/4 cup Dressing, 10 minutes or until steak is desired doneness and vegetables are tender. Thinly slice steak.
- Remove corn kernels from the cobs with sharp knife. Peel any charred skin from peppers; seed and chop. Toss corn, peppers, cilantro and remaining 1 tablespoon Dressing in medium bowl.
- Arrange lettuce on serving platter. Top with steak, then corn mixture. Just before serving, drizzle, with additional Dressing.
Also terrific with Wish-Bone® Salad Spritzers® Italian Vinaigrette Dressing spritzed on steak and peppers before grilling and on salad.