Skewered Grilled Chicken with Vegetables
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Marinate Time 30 minutes
- Cook Time 30 minutes
- Chill time 5 minutes
Ingredients Serving Size: 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 4 oz. each, rinsed well and pat dry
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 red bell peppers, stems and seeds removed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- 1/2 loaf whole wheat French bread, sliced into 1-inch slices (optional) , 8 slices
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 large head Boston lettuce, washed well and separated
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, zucchini, squash, onion, and peppers. Add 1/4 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing and toss until well coated. Chill covered for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill or broiler. Brush both sides of the bread slices with 1/4 cup dressing (if using) and place one slice on each skewer. Continue to thread the chicken and the vegetables on each skewer and finish each skewer with the remaining bread. Grill skewers for 25 to 30 minutes, turning often. Remove skewers from the grill and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the lettuce leaves and all of the remaining 1/4 cup dressing and toss to lightly coat. Divide the lettuce evenly between 4 serving plates and top each plate with one skewer. Garnish with basil leaves and serve.
See nutrition information for sodium content.