Red, White & Blue Savory Salad
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 10 minutes
Ingredients Serving Size: 4
- 1 lb. blue potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, divided
- 8 cups romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 cups grape tomatoes [or cherry tomatoes], halved
- 2 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into stars*
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken (about 1 lb.)
- 2 large red peppers, cut into stars*
- Cover potatoes with water in 4-quart saucepot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain and cool slightly. Toss with 2 tablespoons Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing; set aside.
- Arrange lettuce on serving platter, then arrange tomatoes on one end of platter. Top with cheese ”stars”, chicken in center of platter and potatoes on opposite end of platter. Top with red pepper ”stars”.
- Just before serving, drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup Dressing.
*Use 3-inch star cookie cutter to cut star shapes. Cut remaining cheese and peppers into strips and serve with salad.
TIP: Try using rotisserie chicken to make prep super-easy!