Red Quinoa with Avocado Salad
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 15 minutes
Ingredients Serving Size: 4
- 1 envelope Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup uncooked red or regular quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 avocados, chopped
- Prepare Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing & Seasoning Mix according to package directions. Reserve 1/3 cup prepared Dressing & Seasoning Mix; refrigerate remaining for another use.
- Bring quinoa, water and salt to a boil over high heat in medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered until liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand covered, about 5 minutes.
- Combine cooked quinoa with red onion in medium bowl. Toss with 1/4 cup prepared Dressing & Seasoning Mix. Toss avocados and remaining prepared Dressing & Seasoning Mix in another medium bowl. Gently stir avocado mixture into quinoa mixture. Serve at room temperature or chill, if desired.
$featured_product = get_featured_product_link(return_field('ingredients'));if($featured_product != false): ?>endif; ?>