Italian-Style Stuffed Artichokes
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Cook Time 40 minutes
Ingredients Serving Size: 4
- 4 large artichokes, (about 3 lbs.)
- 4 cups fresh bread crumbs *
- 3/4 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Prepare artichokes for cooking as directed; set aside. Combine bread crumbs, Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, 1/4 cup onion, cheese and parsley in medium bowl. Stuff bread crumb mixture between artichoke leaves.
- Bring broth and remaining 1/4 cup onion to a boil in large nonaluminum saucepot. Add artichokes and simmer covered, basting occasionally, 40 minutes or until leaves are tender and pull out easily.
HOW TO PREPARE ARTICHOKES FOR COOKING: 1. Wash artichokes in cold water; drain. 2. Cut stem close to base with a large knife. Cut off 1 inch of top. 3. Remove tough lower leaves or discolored leaves. 4. If desired, cut off sharp leaf tips with scissors. Brush cut edges with lemon juice. *For best flavor and texture, make the fresh bread crumbs using Italian or French bread.