Italian Stuffed Portobello Salad
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 30 minutes
Ingredients Serving Size: 4
- 5 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed and discarded, divided
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. sweet Italian sausage links, removed from casings and crumbled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jar (210 mL) roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil leaves [or parsley], divided
- 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 cups arugula [or baby spinach leaves]
- Preheat oven to 425°. Finely chop 1 mushroom cap.
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch skillet and cook chopped mushroom, sausage and onion, stirring occasionally, until sausage is browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in roasted peppers and cook 2 minutes. Stir in Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing and simmer 1 minute. Stir in 1 tablespoon basil. Arrange remaining 4 mushrooms caps on baking sheet. Evenly top with sausage mixture, then sprinkle with bread crumbs and cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon basil. Evenly divide arugula on 4 plates, then top with mushrooms. Serve, if desired, with additional Dressing.
$featured_product = get_featured_product_link(return_field('ingredients'));if($featured_product != false): ?>endif; ?>