Italian Picnic: Marinated Chicken Sandwiches & Bow Tie Pasta Broccoli Slaw
- Prep Time 20 Minutes
- Marinate Time 30 Minutes
- Cook Time 20 Minutes
Ingredients Serves 4
- ½ lb. whole grain or semolina bow tie or penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 bag broccoli coleslaw or coleslaw blend
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 bottle Wish-Bone® E.V.O.O Dressing, divided
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast cutlets, pounded thin
- 1 loaf Italian bread, split horizontally and lightly toasted*
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- ¼ lb. thinly sliced prosciutto (optional)
- Blend pasta, broccoli coleslaw with mayonnaise and 1/4 cup E.V.O.O dressing. Season if desired with freshly ground black pepper. Refrigerate covered to chill.
- Meanwhile, pour ½ cup EVOO Dressing over chicken breasts in large shallow nonaluminum baking dish or plastic bag. Cover, or close bag, and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 3 hours. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill or broil chicken, brushing with additional ¼ cup dressing, until cooked through. Arrange chicken, tomato, mozzarella and prosciutto on bottom half of bread. Drizzle, if desired with additional dressing. Top with remaining bread and slice into 4 sandwiches.
*Use 2 smaller French baguettes or 4 hoagie rolls.