Italian Grilled Sandwiches
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Marinate Time 180 minutes
- Cook Time 12 minutes
Ingredients Makes 4 sandwiches
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 1 lb.)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- 1 loaf (14 in.) Italian bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 jar (12 oz.) roasted red peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1 pkg, (8 oz.) fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Combine eggplant, zucchini and Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing in large, shallow nonaluminum baking dish or plastic bag. Cover, or close bag, and marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally, 3 hours.
- Remove vegetables from marinade, reserving marinade. Grill or broil vegetables, turning once, until tender. Remove and set aside. Brush reserved marinade on bread. Grill or broil until bread is toasted. Arrange roasted red peppers, vegetables and cheese on bottom half of bread. Top with remaining bread and slice into 4 sandwiches.
- Also terrific with Wish-Bone® House Italian Dressing.
$featured_product = get_featured_product_link(return_field('ingredients'));if($featured_product != false): ?>endif; ?>