Italian Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Marinate Time 180 minutes
- Cook Time 12 minutes
Ingredients Serving Size: 4
- 1 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, divided
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1 medium zucchini
- Green leaf lettuce
- 4 roasted red peppers packed in oil, drained (about 5 oz.)
- 1 loaf peasant bread, sliced and grilled
- Pour 3/4 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing over chicken, eggplant and zucchini in large, shallow nonaluminum baking dish or plastic bag. Cover, or close bag, and marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally, up to 3 hours.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill or broil chicken and vegetables, turning once and brushing occasionally with remaining 1/4 cup Dressing, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender.
- To serve, layer lettuce, hot vegetables, hot chicken and roasted peppers on bread.
For a great twist, add fresh sliced mozzarella to the sandwich!