Grilled Turkey & Vegetable Stuffed Peppers
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 42 minutes
Ingredients Serving Size: 4
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 4 large red and/or orange bell peppers
- 1 envelope Wish-Bone® House Italian Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Slice 1/2-inch off bottoms of red peppers horizontally (leaving stem on). Seed and chop bottoms; reserve.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook turkey, mushrooms, onion and reserved red pepper, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and turkey is thoroughly cooked, about 10 minutes . Stir in Wish-Bone® House Italian Dressing & Seasoning Mix, water and vinegar and cook 1 minute. Stir in rice. Stuff peppers with rice mixture.
- Arrange 2 peppers on 12 x 18-inch sheet heavy duty aluminum foil. Wrap foil loosely around peppers, sealing edges airtight with double fold. Repeat with remaining peppers. Grill until peppers are tender, about 30 minutes. If desired, garnish with basil.
No grill? Preheat oven to 400° and arrange peppers in shallow roasting pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake until peppers are tender, about 25 minutes.
*Look for instant brown rice in your grocery store and save on preparation time.