Grilled Mediterranean Sandwiches
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Marinate Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 15 minutes
Ingredients Serving Size: 4
- 3/4 cup Wish-Bone® Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 small eggplant, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, quartered
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 medium red onion, cut in 1/2-inch-thick round slices
- 8 thick slices Italian bread [or peasant-style bread]
- 1/4 lb. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Pour Wish-Bone® Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing over eggplant, red pepper, zucchini and red onion in large, shallow nonaluminum baking dish; turn to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 15 to 30 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from marinade, reserving marinade. Grill or broil vegetables, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade, until vegetables are tender. Meanwhile, brush one side of each bread slice with reserved marinade, then grill or broil until lightly toasted.
- To serve, evenly divide vegetables and cheese on bread to make 4 sandwiches. Garnish, if desired, with arugula or leaf lettuce.
$featured_product = get_featured_product_link(return_field('ingredients'));if($featured_product != false): ?>endif; ?>