Green Bean & Feta Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 10 minutes
Ingredients Serving Size: 4
- 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup Wish-Bone® Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro [or mint], (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. shallots
- 1/8 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large head Boston lettuce, (about 8 ounces), rinsed, patted dry and torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook green beans in medium saucepan in boiling water 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water until completely cool.
- Toss green beans with 2 tablespoons Wish-Bone® Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing, cilantro, shallots, lemon peel, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
- Just before serving, toss lettuce with remaining Dressing. Arrange lettuce on serving platter, then top with green bean mixture and sprinkle with feta.
*TIP: Make it a main dish salad…just Flash Marinate! Brush meat or poultry repeatedly during grilling or broiling with Wish-Bone® Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing for that marinated taste; then slice and add to salad.