Chipotle Ranch Taco Salad
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cook Time 10 minutes
Ingredients Serving Size: 4
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. ground chipotle chile powder, divided
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) low sodium red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Wish-Bone® Ranch Dressing, divided
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese(about 2 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange tortilla strips on baking sheet. Bake, stirring twice, until crisp, about 10 minutes. Reserve handful of tortillas for garnish.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef with 1/4 teaspoon chile powder in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove skillet from heat, then stir in beans and 1/4 cup Wish-Bone® Ranch Dressing; set aside to cool.
- Layer 3 cups lettuce, 1/3 of the tomato and onion and 1/2 of the beef mixture in trifle dish or deep glass bowl. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the tortilla strips and 1/2 of the cheese; repeat layers. Top with remaining 2 cups lettuce, remaining tomatoes, onion and cheese. Sprinkle with reserved tortilla strips.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon chile powder with remaining 1/4 cup Dressing and serve with salad.
$featured_product = get_featured_product_link(return_field('ingredients'));if($featured_product != false): ?>endif; ?>