Chicken & Rice A La Milanese
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Marinate Time 180 minutes
- Cook Time 60 minutes
Ingredients Serving Size: 6
- 1 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. crushed dried rosemary leaves
- 1 (2-1/2- to 3-lb) roasting chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes , undrained
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked regular rice
- 1/8 tsp. crushed saffron (optional)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Combine Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing , onion and rosemary in large non-metallic bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally, 3 hours or overnight. Remove chicken, reserving marinade.
- Brown chicken in 12-inch skillet,. Add 1/2 cup reserved marinade, tomatoes, mushrooms and sugar. Simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 45 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and keep warm; add flour mixed with 1/4 cup water to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining marinade, 2-1/2 cups water, rice and saffron in large saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- To serve, arrange chicken around rice and top with 1/3 sauce; serve with remaining sauce.
$featured_product = get_featured_product_link(return_field('ingredients'));if($featured_product != false): ?>endif; ?>