Caribbean Chimichurri Steak Salad
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Marinate Time 30 minutes
- Cook Time 10 minutes
Ingredients Serving Size: 4
- 1 cup packed torn fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- 1/2 cup frozen mango pulp, thawed*
- 1 lb. skirt steak
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion, rinsed and patted dry
- Pulse mint and chopped onion in food processor or blender until evenly chopped. Add Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing and mango. Continue pulsing, scraping down sides, just until combined. Pour 1/2 cup sauce mixture over steak in large resealable plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill steak, turning once, until desired doneness.
- Arrange greens, tomatoes and sliced onion on platter. Top with thinly sliced steak. Serve with remaining chimichurri sauce.
*Add sliced ripe mango to salad, then puree remaining mango to make 1/2 cup pulp for sauce.
TIP: Try Caribbean Chimichurri Sauce on grilled chicken, pork or fish.