Calabrian-Style Stuffed Eggplant
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cook Time 30 minutes
Ingredients Serving Size: 4
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 large eggplant (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 1/4 cups Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh or Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Wish-Bone® House Italian Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Brown ground beef in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes; drain. Spoon ground beef into large bowl. Heat olive oil in same skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until tender. Add onion to beef.
- Cut thin lengthwise slice off eggplant; remove pulp leaving 1/4-inch shell. Sprinkle shell, if desired, with 1 teaspoon salt. Coarsely chop pulp.
- Combine beef mixture, eggplant pulp, 1 cup Pasta Sauce, bread crumbs, Wish-Bone® House Italian Dressing and parsley in large bowl. Stuff eggplant with beef mixture, then top with remaining 1/4 cup Pasta Sauce. Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until eggplant is fork-tender.
$featured_product = get_featured_product_link(return_field('ingredients'));if($featured_product != false): ?>endif; ?>