Baked Goat Cheese Salad
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 10 minutes
Ingredients Serving Size: 6
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 bag (8 oz.) spring salad mix
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 piece firm goat cheese, sliced into 6 rounds* and chilled (6 oz.)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup Wish-Bone® Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Preheat oven to 425°. Grease baking sheet with olive oil; set aside.
- Arrange spring mix on serving platter, then top with oranges, onion and pecans; set aside.
- Evenly coat cheese with egg, then bread crumbs. Arrange cheese on prepared baking sheet. Bake, turning once, 7 minutes or until golden. Arrange cheese on salad.
- Just before serving, drizzle with Wish-Bone® Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing.
*Use a piece of dental floss to easily slice goat cheese. TIP: Cheese may be baked ahead and re-warmed just before serving. Or, heat Olive Oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet and cook cheese over medium-high heat, turning once, 3 minutes.