Serving Size: 4
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Marinate for||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
Grilled Souvlaki Chicken Skewers
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Reduced Sodium Chicken
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, divided
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt, divided
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill weed, crushed
- 1/3 cup cucumber, seeded and grated
- Combine Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Reduced Sodium Chicken with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 cloves finely chopped garlic, 1 tablespoon oregano and 1/2 cup yogurt in small bowl.
- Alternately skewer* chicken, pepper and onion on skewers. Arrange skewers in glass baking dish, then drizzle with yogurt mixture; turn to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 clove finely chopped garlic and remaining ingredients in small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grill or broil chicken and vegetables, turning once, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Serve with yogurt dipping sauce.
- *If using wooden skewers, soak in water at least 30 minutes prior to use.
- TIP: Make your own Souvlaki Gyro: Fill a pita with shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, diced red onion and grilled chicken pieces. Top with yogurt sauce.